Monday, March 29, 2010

Wedding Bubble Alternatives

Staff Benda Bilili


Hello everyone, this is a particular post, say advertising in the sense that, for the first time in the blog, I'm here to advertise something, or rather someone.
Maybe some of you already know them, they are called Staff Benda Bilili , is a band in the slums of Kinshasa, Congo, composed primarily of paraplegics, former polio patients, and young former child soldier, known sheges.

They move on their production of motor tricycles, as well as their manufacture are the tools they use, or at least patched up at best, only ever play outdoors in the zoo in Kinshasa, their music is rooted in local culture but expands to reach echoes Cuban Rhythm and blues, reggae and funky, and needless to say, is beautiful, rhythmic, engaging and moving.
Their songs speak of life of their country, their cities, poverty, the difficulties of life, child soldiers, the need for vaccinations, and many other life advice for their compatriots, they consider themselves journalists, for me are heroes.

Discovered by Damon Albarn released a disc, Tres Tres Fort, their music can be heard on the internet, on youtube if you want to know, then of course is to download, but for me this time I refuse, and in fact I decided that, for the first time for several years, buy their record, indeed, I think I'll buy more than one.
I do not think that exists on the planet, a group of musicians who deserve more than them to have luck and success, not only for their plight, once heard you will find that their music is wonderful, and I hope you decide to buy as many copies! STAFF BENDA Bilili

VIVA!

0 comments:

Post a Comment